1. Jew犹太人, Jewish犹太人的, scarcely几乎没有, until直到, at the age of在...年纪,
be fascinated by着迷, geometry几何学, graduate毕业生, Switzerland瑞士, exceptional 特殊的, unexceptional不特殊的, record记录, marry结婚, former以前, move to搬到, be separated from离开, wife妻子, son儿子.
2.
His mom is an American Jew.
他的母亲是美国犹太人。
My best friend comes from a Jewish family.
我最好的朋友来自一个犹太家庭。
He scarcely talked to people because he was very shy.
他很少和人说话,因为他很害羞。
Let’s wait until rain stops.
让我们等到雨停吧。
He went to France to study art at the age of 12.
12岁时,他去法国学习艺术。
I was fascinated by Chinese history and culture at the age of 7.
7岁的时候,我就对中国的历史和文化着迷了。
I couldn’t understand what geometry teacher was saying.
我听不懂几何老师在说什么。
Mary graduated from Harvard last year.
玛丽去年从哈佛大学毕业。
Switzerland is a country in West Europe.
瑞士是西欧的一个国家。
At the age of 4 he showed exceptional talent as a musician.
4岁时,他就表现出了作为音乐家的非凡才华。
He had an unexceptional life until he got a job in Apple.
在他在苹果公司找到一份工作之前,他的生活平平常常。
Bolt holds the world record for the 100 meters.
博尔特保持着100米世界纪录。
Will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗?
My former job was computer programmer.
我以前的工作是电脑程序员。
We want to move to the countryside from the city when we retire.
我们想退休后从城市搬到农村去住。
I was separated from my wife and children for 2 years.
我与我的妻子和孩子分居了两年。
This is his second wife.
这是他的第二任妻子。
When my son grows up, he wants to be an astronaut.
我儿子长大后想当宇航员。